Once I came across this shortcut folder virus and then I researched on it and found the solution to Remove shortcut virus from PC/Laptop or from Pen drive. So today I am going to tell you how you can avoid or remove this virus from your system.
Have you ever been through situation where you are sometimes unable to delete any shortcut folder from your system ? Of course you do! If you’re using windows system. This virus can be in your system from the internet, transferring data from other affected system or from any other affected device.
You might think that this shortcut virus isn’t so harmful for your PC or your system but you’re wrong. I also felt the same thing that it will not be harmful and I faced several data loss. This virus will affect your system slowly and then after it will create shortcut folder of the original folder and ultimately your data will be affected.
Well coming to the point, to delete or to completely remove this shortcut virus you’ll find lots of methods using CMD or any other registry software and I am going to share with you an all the easiest method to remove the shortcut virus from your computer or laptop or from pendrive.
How to Remove Shortcut Virus from PC/Laptop or Pen Drive ?
Method #1 Remove Shortcut virus using CMD
There is nothing hard using CMD any non-technical person also can use this working CMD method to remove shortcut virus from the system. Just follow the below points:
- Open CMD. (Go to Run > type CMD > hit enter)
- Now you need to write one simple command. Just write the command which is shown below.
attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.*
Now replace the “Drive-Name” with your drive name. Lets assume you want to remove the shortcut virus from the drive C then your command
will be attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d C:*.*
3. Now hit the enter button. And your all the shortcut virus will be removed. And now you can simply go back and delete the shortcut folder normally.
Method #2 Remove Shortcut Virus using .Bat file
.Bat file is nothing but its an execution of any file. You can make a .bat file easily using notepad and you have to write the same command which I mentioned above. In case if the above CMD method don’t work try this. And also using this method you can remove the shortcut virus from all of your drive in just one single step while in CMD method you’ll have to do it separately one by one.
- Open Notepad. (Run > type Notepad)
- Copy the below code and paste it on the notepad file which you just opened.
@echo off attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.* attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.* attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.* @echo complete
- Now replace the “Drive-Name” with your drive.
- Save the notepad file as removevirus.bat and save it. Make sure you save file in desktop.
- Now double click on the file and run it.
- Now all the shortcut virus will be removed from your drives.
Method #3 Remove Shortcut Virus using Shortcut Virus Remover Software
The above both methods of CMD and Bat file will just remove the virus not the folders and so either way or not you’ll have to remove the shortcut folders manually and definitely it will waste your time and energy. But using this “Shortcut Virus Remover Software” you will save your lot of time as this software will remove your shortcut virus as well as infected shortcut folders too. So there is no chance were you will have to remove the shortcut folders manually. This is my favorite and one of the most easiest method.
- First of all you need to download the software. Check below to Download it.Download Shortcut Virus Remover Software
[sociallocker]Click here to Download the ShortCut Virus Remove Software.[/sociallocker]
- After downloading is completed open the Software. (It doesn’t need any installation).
- Now Select Pen Drive or Computer. Depends from which you want to remove.
- After you have chosen Pen Drive or Computer then after you need to select the Drive from which you want to remove shortcut virus and shortcut folders. And Click on Scan Button.
- After Scanning your drive you will find the Virus (if it has) and then just click on ‘Delete‘ Button and your all folders as well as shortcut virus will be removed.
That’s all folks. By using any 1 method from this 3 I’m 100% sure that you’ll be able to Remove Shortcut Virus from your PC/Laptop/Pen Drive easily.
Hope you liked my tutorial to “Remove Shortcut Virus from your PC/Laptop/Pen Drive” and please note that you can use the same methods to Remove shortcut virus from your external hard drive. Also If you have any types of Doubts, Questions or Queries feel free to leave a comment below.